Monday, December 1, 2008

Technology OR Teaching an old dog new tricks

Since this is a truthful blog, I have to admit that I am a bit overwhelmed with all of the Nebraska Learns 2.0 tools that I have been encountering. When I set up my blog, I was hoping to use it as a tool to talk about books because in my library world, that is my first love! (Maybe we'll get back to books later.)

I see all of the ways a person can keep in touch and share via email, MySpace, Flickr, etc. My worry is that we lose the human touch and actually talking face to face with people and experimenting with all of these tools takes away from my reading time. BUT.... I don't want to be left in a cloud of dust in the 20th century, so onward to new ways to learn and communicate.

No comments: